Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner

+106
hirez
Zaku51
thomasdevendran
D_Y2k.9^
JediSavant
joydivision
jimel71
tmahmood
Porex
kychoo99
fireballmivec6315
cyh
DrWho
pokcek
oracle
arkstorm2
brabusm
Mikapoh
Nil
moderneagle
ckgnoh
xk2
7810sam
chenht
abeye
jokiarch
cloud9
carz
dheensay
Razz
dlyz
WongKK
matlap
bal
adrian4454
noodle88
boxer
elhefe
fizi
lup
tlkoo
mohfudz
balokboy
arremie
samn
bryanz
chchyong89
hifikrazy
dylan
VS126
CT-Boy
microkernel
shah zain
gloraglory
skydna
Amir
hakim
sph
SVI3206A
mofaz
eugenecctan
BrAvO
Lamkochai
kkthen
mpyw
kancan
mrquery
B52
dixchen
deng8895
rjdio
mad.onenad
mkleong
sunsn
jteoh
joeling
htkaki
CLH
rsbn589
Wan Azami Hamzah
Bite
mugenfoo
WongKN
zeebee
Cooltube
wabun
alcmy
bimmerman
hughesths
soonthas
car o scope
sting
jazzy939
uncle_vic
llsaw
hazy
azri
duo2a3
LazerJuan
zul
hasnul
tycham
Chewkw
yeahsky2006
Hi-Fi 4 Sale
110 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner

Post by elhefe Sun May 06, 2012 10:45 pm

llsaw wrote:Clearaudio Clearline speaker cables with Clearaudio Genius plugs. Biggest difference ever from cables upgrading from QED Silver Anniversary. Its like having a new source and amp!
H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 P1012210

llsaw,

Hehehehe...you also upgraded from QED...To me QED..for its price...is actually good ....BUt after I started to use Siltech IC and power cable....something was missing in the QED...

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Whatsa11
elhefe
elhefe

Number of posts : 1371
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Amplification: McIntosh MA9000, SPL Audio Phono
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Empty Re: H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner

Post by llsaw Sun May 06, 2012 10:56 pm

A very lot is missing from the QED SA XT compared to the Clearaudio Clearline Bro. Not only "something". The QEDs sound sharp etched yet lacking in detail and bass. And that is with the Scorpio. I can imagine how bright things will sound with the holographic imaging and transparency of the Scorpio 25's cone tweeter.

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage
Speakers: Audio Physic Cardeas 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamkochai Mon May 07, 2012 6:35 pm

nice speakers llsaw. any changes in your set up besides the speakers?

Lamkochai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Character sheet
Source(s): bryston bdp2, bryston dac, reimyo dac, Dps Turntable tonearm and benzmicro rubyz
Amplification: gryphon diable 300, genesis phono amp, diy tube amp
Speakers: marten django xl & audiophysic virgo

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Mon May 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Lamkochai wrote:nice speakers llsaw. any changes in your set up besides the speakers?

No Sir. My new year resolution is not to upgrade my hi-fi this year. The only change this year is running a direct power cable from db to my hi-fi power outlets. I also ordered Furutech wall power sockets quite some time back which I've yet to collect.

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s): Digital: Metronome Technologie CD8t S, Analogue: Clearaudio Ovation TT with Clarify tonearm and Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC
Amplification: Gryphon Diablo 300 integrated amp, Gryphon Legato Legacy phonostage

Back to top Go down

Post by joeling Mon May 07, 2012 8:25 pm

llsaw wrote:Scorpio Front Driver Array
H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Img_0410

Scorpio 25 Front Driver Array
H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 _dsc4513

The Scorpio is more source and poor recording quality friendly. The Scorpio 25 is better everywhere else. What a tweeter! Wanna hear if the singer is a wee bit too close to the mike? No problem. "No Loss of Fine Detail"

On the 2 occasions I heard Audio Physics, I have been most impressed. Once with tube & the other solid state. Both sounded very good. Nice one !

Regards,
Joe Ling
joeling
joeling
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Character sheet
Source(s): Aurender, Bergmann, AMR, DCS
Amplification: ARC
Speakers: ProAc

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Mon May 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Now feeling itchy to go and audition Audio Physics....heheheh. Who is the authroised dealer in KL?

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet
Source(s): Kronos PRO, Clearaudio Solutions AMG Wood, SONY MD, SONY HAP Z1 ES, HiFi ROSE RS150, ROON Nucleus, Aavik D280 DAC
Speakers: Borresen X3, PMC Twenty5 26i, PMC Twenty LCR, PMC Twenty Sub, ARCAM AVR20, JL Audio Sub, Ascendo Sub.

Back to top Go down

Post by llsaw Mon May 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Audio Image
7 Jalan 19/29
46300 Petaling Jaya
Selangor

phone
+60-3-79563077

Look for Adrian.

Last edited by llsaw on Mon May 07, 2012 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

llsaw
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Mon May 07, 2012 10:01 pm

elhefe wrote:Now feeling itchy to go and audition Audio Physics....heheheh. Who is the authroised dealer in KL?

What a Face What a Face What a Face once audit the next step is go to the bank lol! lol! lol! and the next step is advertise proac on sale lol! lol! lol!
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1294
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva
Amplification: DIY
Speakers: Harbeth/JBL?LINN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamkochai Tue May 08, 2012 6:18 pm

that's what i do. i sold my proac and harbeth and abandoned my home theater project just to get the virgo 25.

Lamkochai
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Character sheet
Source(s): bryston bdp2, bryston dac, reimyo dac, Dps Turntable tonearm and benzmicro rubyz
Amplification: gryphon diable 300, genesis phono amp, diy tube amp
Speakers: marten django xl & audiophysic virgo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikapoh Tue May 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Wah lau, one stone kills 3 birds......super Kheng!

I also want to take a listen to the Virgo. So, AI is the sole distributor?

Mikapoh
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Tue May 08, 2012 6:27 pm

llsaw wrote:Audio Image
7 Jalan 19/29
46300 Petaling Jaya
Selangor

phone
+60-3-79563077

Look for Adrian.

ooohhhh AI is the distributor....thanks bro.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Tue May 08, 2012 6:29 pm

fizi wrote:
elhefe wrote:Now feeling itchy to go and audition Audio Physics....heheheh. Who is the authroised dealer in KL?

What a Face What a Face What a Face once audit the next step is go to the bank lol! lol! lol! and the next step is advertise proac on sale lol! lol! lol!

No need to put for sale lah proac...arrange delivery direct to your houselah...price kira kaw tim RM 10K lah hehehehe

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JediSavant Tue May 08, 2012 9:47 pm

They are mighty fine speakers indeed... Big bad but beautiful....
JediSavant
JediSavant
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Character sheet
Source(s): RegaPlanar3 w DenonDL103
Amplification: Exposure 2010s2
Speakers: SonusFaberToyTower

Back to top Go down

Post by kychoo99 Tue May 15, 2012 10:08 pm

Sharing some system updates ...
H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Missio10H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Missio11

Setup @ 13/05/12 with speakers raised & addition of a sub.

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Missio12
kychoo99
kychoo99
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Wadia
Amplification: Krell + Mcintosh
Speakers: Infinity

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Wed May 16, 2012 1:24 pm

HI kychoo,

Thanks for sharing, mind telling what improvement or sound change those marble slab made?

Regards,

Adrian

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kychoo99 Wed May 16, 2012 1:43 pm

adrian4454 wrote:HI kychoo,

Thanks for sharing, mind telling what improvement or sound change those marble slab made?

Regards,

Adrian
Dear adrian, those are not marble slabs. Its made of sand ... Improve transparency, details & openness of the overall sound as well as slightly increase headroom. U have to hear to believe Smile but then again, what works in my system might not be the same for another's system...ahhhh...the mystery of hifi, some of which not so easily measure & explain. What a Face
kychoo99
kychoo99
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Wed May 16, 2012 4:49 pm

No worry, kychoo; I also love tweaking too, been playing around with chopping board, vibrapod, Black Diamond racing cone, Brass spike, rubber feets.. I totally agree with u on un-explained "strange phenomenon" of the tweak to make the sound~

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fizi Wed May 16, 2012 7:46 pm

elhefe wrote:
fizi wrote:

No need to put for sale lah proac...arrange delivery direct to your houselah...price kira kaw tim RM 10K lah hehehehe

10k can get used scorpio lol lol!
fizi
fizi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 1294
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Character sheet
Source(s): Analog - Lenco/Sota/Thorens/Roksan TT/Akai Reel Player / Digital - Ladiva
Amplification: DIY
Speakers: Harbeth/JBL?LINN

Back to top Go down

Post by D_Y2k.9^ Thu May 24, 2012 10:56 am

Testing out these little fellows:
H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 IMG_0041

D_Y2k.9^
Dealer\Reseller\Trader\Service Provider

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Thu May 24, 2012 1:29 pm

D_Y2k.9^ wrote:Testing out these little fellows:

Thah looks like Focal....care to gove some comments on the sound quality?

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by D_Y2k.9^ Thu May 24, 2012 9:57 pm

Yeap they are Focal Bird. Personally own one of these not only because of its looks but mainly the sound it produces. It represents an astonishingly capable and refined all in one box that is close enough to satisfy most hi-fi enthusiasts.

The best feature of the Focal Bird 2.1 would have to be its wireless playback capability with the Focal iTransmitter. This feature would be ideal for those who would like to use their iPhone or iPad around their rooms without the need to
sit their device on a dock. All I need to do is connect the iTransmitter to my device and it will automatically transmit to the Power Bird in wireless mode with no compression or loss to sound quality up to 10 meters.

Sound it produces is smooth and rich, giving a very natural sounding nature without being overly bright. Sound stage is large and I must say, these little bird satellites are capable to push towards my ears despite sitting around 8 meters away. Playing Filippa Giordano' Bizet: Carmen was really enjoyable with the vocal being "voiced out" rather than shrieking, drums were deep and responsive thanks to its flat subwoofer (6.5" driver, they can sound deep!). Violin and other instruments sounds rather well separated as they sounded rather wide and clear without intruding the vocal's centre imaging.

Next I tested with my favourite, Livingston Taylor's Isn't She Lovely. Vocals are deep and rich, giving me the sense of involvement. Again, the Bird Satellites shines with the capability to manage seperation well. Guitar notes are well produced with exceptional clarity.

Despite having a high price for a multimedia range, I would highly recommend this product.

*Setup:
Room Size 15 x 24 meter bedroom
iPad 2 32gb (Golden Sound application with FLAC files through Focal iTransmitter)

D_Y2k.9^

Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasdevendran Tue May 29, 2012 1:00 am

After a long consideration here I go. My humble high fidelity setup.

Made a agreement with wifey that the stone-age TV will only leave the spot when its really dead and then be replaced with a flatscreen. The damn thing is still going strong and I am really considering pouring water over it.

My setup is in the hall. Hopefully can share with you guys as better space makes way.

Anyways, enough said.

Will accept all comments.

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 112

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 212

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 312

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 P5290310

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 512

Prometheus Balanced Power Supply & Energizer powered with XLO Reference 2
Rega Planar 3 with Ortofon Blue
Marantz 94 mkll powered with PS Audio Statement Cord
Audible Illusions Modulus 3 powered with Shunyata
Bryston 4B ST powered with Audioquest
Castle Howard S2 Speakers

Nordost custom Gold Flatline for Rega
Nordost Frey Interconnects for Marantz + Audible + Bryston
Audience AU 24 or Nordost Blue Heaven for Castle
Nordost Gold Flatline custom Jumpers

All equipments sited on Norstone Bergen 2
thomasdevendran
thomasdevendran

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2011-02-24

Character sheet
Source(s): Marantz 94 mkll, Rega Planar 3
Amplification: Audible Illusions Modulus 3, Bryston 4B ST
Speakers: Castle Howard S2

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Tue May 29, 2012 6:16 am

Nice bro. A very clean looking set up.

Any reason why there are no spikes on the Castle?

I can see you put much effort in power supply.

Care to share on the sound signature of the set up?

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasdevendran Tue May 29, 2012 4:23 pm

elhefe wrote:Nice bro. A very clean looking set up.

Any reason why there are no spikes on the Castle?

I can see you put much effort in power supply.

Care to share on the sound signature of the set up?

Bro. How are you man? Lama tak jumpa. Very Happy

Castle no spikes coz its easier to move them around. Since I'm "sharing" the spot with the family, with the tv being right behind the setup its easier without, for now.

Power, yes I really wanted to know to what level it had effect on the sound and every investment on that section was worth every cent. All that you see on power works, are not my original ideas. I had opportunities to listen to other systems with the same works then I decided to also get them done for mine after careful advice and consideration. Main power works from MCB with 10mm cables and dedicated controls really brought out all the lost low bass, even on my previous Epos ES14. Got better with the Castles, of course. Yes, I am a true believer on power works. Very Happy

Sound. The Howard S2, as you might already know is really good when it comes to imaging with its top drivers facing the ceilings. Staging is no problem as the placement works of the speakers are close and results are deep. With the 94 mkll (Mr.Ho's own collection, which I had the opportunity to 'kebas') combination along with the Frey and help of Prometheus BPS, highs are perfect because they sound really clean and does not loose the "warmness". The Modulus and Bryston has full control over the slams I need with its 250w, especially when 'layan ing' my favorites from Ride The Lightning and The Black Album. Twisted Evil "...thhht thhhhtheed thhht thhhhtheed...you...you're my mask, you're my cover my shelter...youuuu...!"

Hahahahahah!

Rega was fully modded by Micheal Lim. No regrets on the investment made.

I believe everyone has their own judgement over production of sound and I am happy with my setup so far because it gives me no stress in worrying and analyzing about what lacks. I spend more on records and albums for now. Will have more work when I have a sound room ready, soon. Only then will I have more analyzing works done. Till then, I'm going to enjoy music bro! Very Happy

thomasdevendran
thomasdevendran

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2011-02-24

Character sheet
Source(s): Marantz 94 mkll, Rega Planar 3
Amplification: Audible Illusions Modulus 3, Bryston 4B ST
Speakers: Castle Howard S2

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:16 am

Dear All,

i am currently upgrading my system and i was wondering is this set up ok, i m still hunting for a Pre-Amp. Please do comment. Thanks

https://servimg.com/view/17569638/2

Reg,
Zaku51

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-06-07

Character sheet
Source(s): Audio Note, Ear-Yoshino, Naim, Audio Research, Apple TV, Apple MacAir
Amplification: Naim, Plinius, Conrad Johnson, EAR-Yoshino, Audio Research
Speakers: Eggleston Works, Focus Audio, Dynaudio

Back to top Go down

Post by kychoo99 Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Zaku51 wrote:Dear All,

i am currently upgrading my system and i was wondering is this set up ok, i m still hunting for a Pre-Amp. Please do comment. Thanks

https://servimg.com/view/17569638/2

Reg,
Zaku51

Dear Zaku,

Nicely setup~care to share the components used? How's the sound like? Rgds.
kychoo99
kychoo99
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:52 am

Hey KyChoo,

The System consist of a Sony DVP-NS700V (SACD Player), a Cambridge Audio DAC Magic Plus (operating as a Pre-Amp at the moment, while waiting for my new Pre Amp), Plinus SA-250 MK VI Power Amp, Eggleston Works Diannes Loudspeakers, Isotek Aquarius Power Conditioner, SINE Power Extension and a mixture of Slitech, JPS and HiDiamond Cables and Cardas and Golden Sound Tweaks.

The Sound is quite Linear and Sound Stage is good, a little on the warm side but not too tubey.

I will post more pictures of it tonight.

Regards.

P/S: Btw i am given a choice of the CJ ET2 and the Audio Research LS 17, from your opinion which one is better?

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet
Source(s): Audio Note, Ear-Yoshino, Naim, Audio Research, Apple TV, Apple MacAir

Back to top Go down

Post by jimel71 Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi Zaku51,

I used to have these 2 brands of pre amp but different series...and I prefer CJ. For me CJ makes the music more relax and ease on my ears. My two cents for now.

jimel71

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi jimel71,

I have read reviews on the CJ unit, and generally the outcome of the reviews are the same, but they all have one drawback as compare to ARC pre amp, it is that CJ's Pre-amp only run on RCA and not Balance output, i was wondering since you have personally used both Pre-amps, is the difference huge between an unbalance and a balance output?

Regards.

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jimel71 Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi Zaku51,

That's true...CJ's drawback is it has no balance output...personally, I prefer balance to RCA...the difference is there definitely...I can't say it is huge...but it depends on the equipment itself...a good pre amp will sound good no matter which output you use...but if you have a pre amp with both outputs, then it's better to use the balance...some people may disagree with this view but that's what make hi-fi interesting...the best way is to let your ears decide...

jimel71

Back to top Go down

Post by kychoo99 Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:18 pm

Zaku51 wrote:Hey KyChoo,

The System consist of a Sony DVP-NS700V (SACD Player), a Cambridge Audio DAC Magic Plus (operating as a Pre-Amp at the moment, while waiting for my new Pre Amp), Plinus SA-250 MK VI Power Amp, Eggleston Works Diannes Loudspeakers, Isotek Aquarius Power Conditioner, SINE Power Extension and a mixture of Slitech, JPS and HiDiamond Cables and Cardas and Golden Sound Tweaks.

The Sound is quite Linear and Sound Stage is good, a little on the warm side but not too tubey.

I will post more pictures of it tonight.

Regards.

P/S: Btw i am given a choice of the CJ ET2 and the Audio Research LS 17, from your opinion which one is better?

Dear Zaku,

Thanks for sharing, nice equipment Wink. Btw, mind to further share on how big the different that the Isotek conditioner did to your system? As for your pre-amp - afraid that i am unable to comment since both unit are beyond my tight budget Sad, nevertheless i always believed in the power of synergy between equipments & components used. So much so that a pretty expensive amp that sound extremely mellow & transparent in someone's system might not sound so attractive or suitable in our own system, hence if situation permits, it is best to try linking in the equipment in our own system for an audition prior to buying (if only, the real world is so ideal and accommodating Rolling Eyes). Cheers & enjoy the music. Rgds.
kychoo99
kychoo99
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:51 pm

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your feedback and i have decided and committed myself to the CJ Pre-Amp, and be receiving it on friday. Btw i have took a few more pictures of my system (without the pre-amp) for posting. Please comment. Tq...

https://servimg.com/view/17569638/3]H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Img_1310[/url]

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Img_1311

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Img_1312

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Img_1313

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Img_1314

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Img_1315

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Img_1316

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:56 pm

Dear KYChoo,

With the Isotek on i felt as if there are more focus through out the entire spectrum of the sound, as if clearer and the noise floor drops quite significantly. I don't know whether is it a psychological factor or is it something else.

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jimel71 Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi Zaku51,

May I know where do you acquire the CJ from? I can see a lot of your stuffs are from Centre Circle Audio. Am I right?

jimel71

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaku51 Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Hi JiMel71,

I got most of the kits from Kuching, except for the DAC (which is from CMY). the CJ Pre-amp is also from my Dealer in Kuching, and expected arrival of the Pre-amp is on friday. and i m looking forwards to it.

There is another system i wish to share.

The Bookshelf System For my Smaller Room:-

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Small_10
Naim System and Focus Audio FS 68se

A System of a Friend:-

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Focus_10
Focus Audio FS888

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Uncle_10
A Host of ARC Electronics

Zaku51
Regular
Regular

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by mrquery Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:16 am

just thougt ought to update my setup photo's (KLIAV inspired), thanks...

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 DSC06255

mrquery
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:25 am

mrquery,

so what is the set up consist of? cant figure out from the picture.

What are those panels behind the speakers?

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by mrquery Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:41 am

elhefe wrote:mrquery,

so what is the set up consist of? cant figure out from the picture.

What are those panels behind the speakers?

oh.. this is very inexpensive setup and very minimal based on functionality.

setup consist of
integrated amp - arcam delta 290
source - pc + v-dac
speakers - castle clifton / Acoustic Research AR98LS (used as sub-bass system)
speaker cables - qed silver anniversary (bass) / ecosse cs 2.2 plus (fronts)
ic / usb cable - xlo / klotz / wireworld

and a big tv to control everything 3~5 meters away using logitect wifi keyboard

very very happy... thanks for the interest Very Happy

mrquery
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian4454 Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi MrQuery.. Haha, I got 1 piece of my speaker very much facing the same situation like urs.. block by the bolster of the cushion chair~

adrian4454
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mrquery Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:42 pm

hi adrian4454,

this is a temporary arrangement since im currently using 18inch ikea stool. Embarassed

i plan to get a 24inch/29inch stand made of wood and this will definitely bring the front speakers to view (if not ear level). although my need is very specific, where in it should be 4pillars or 1big chunk, good finishing and good built (same color as my speakers) like below photo.

i do believe in stands but previously wasn't able to source a good value for money... thanks for the comment Very Happy

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Img_4012-Copy

Last edited by mrquery on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : put smiley...)

mrquery
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:31 am

Mrquery,

Have you tried ATS stands?

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by mrquery Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:30 am

elhefe wrote:Mrquery,

Have you tried ATS stands?

if not mistaken this is at amcorp right? if i can't find the stand in used market will definitely check ATS store. thanks Very Happy

mrquery
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:54 am

yes its in amcorp mall. They were t KLIAV show as well.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Empty What power connector are those?

Post by hirez Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:48 pm

WongKN wrote:Finally have the chance to shoot some photos. The photo-montage below is amateurish but is the best I can do. Hope it motivates others to share as well.

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 System-1

Despite not so positive experiences by some, my Rega P2 has been giving me quite good sound. I suppose the use of a relative high-end Grado TLZ catridge helped things. It's biggest problem is the power supply and the RB250 tonearm cable is captive. Cannot upgrade easily.

Ever since I heard an SP8-D70 Mk2 pair in my friend's shop years ago, I have always been planning to build a system around ARC tube amps. I don't think I can actually find used SP8/D-70s for sale now but the SP9 Mk2 / Classic 60 is a good stand-in. Not as tubey/sweet as the SP8/D70 and quite a bit more accurate sonically but it is nevertheless able to play my not-so-pristine LPs very well. Which in the end, music is what matters most.

I am a fan of ribbon speakers, mainly Apogee speakers and so this system uses a pair of Centaur Minors.

Powertrans and dedicated power outlets (one pulled directly from each phase using heavy duty wiring) ensures the system gets plenty of juice. For analog fans, a record cleaner is an absolute must and the Clearaudio Smart is one of the best cleaners I have come across.

Hope its worth your while to read this post. Hope to see more forumers sharing their system.

WongKN,

What wall power connectors are those you are using ? Can you state the Brand and model ? It looks like nothing i have seen before. Did these help improve the sound considerably ?

hirez
Club Member
Club Member

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Empty my little hifi heaven

Post by bal Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:02 pm

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Myhifi

bal

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac
Amplification: conrad Johnson, Oddessy Khartago mono b
Speakers: maggie 1.7

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:20 pm

Some how i could not enter any text along with the picture i just posted. never mind, never mind. I'll get the hang of it sooner or later. Thanks muchly to Tkhoo for showing in great detail how to post pictures. So... finally able to show my system off.

A pair of modded maggies MMG hooked up to a Vincent 330 power amp, fed by a home made (not by me... one of the leading hifi Guru's in Malaysia made it for me.... and it is by far the sweetest tube pre-amp i have heard up to 40K. Seriously.) tube pre amp, getting signals from Buffalo II dac. The Esound cd player is doing only transport duties as it's dac is not as good as the Buffalo II. Sound abfussor behind the speakers, and one wall is curtained with double thickness curtains for absorption of standing waves. The picture was taken with me sitting in the sweet spot where my couch is.

The MMGs are fantastic speakers for the money. About 4k to bring in from yankie-land. The drivers are excellent, but wrapped around crap mdf and poorly secured to the mdf board as well. So i ditched it and used wood boards to make a slightly better frame. You will note with ease that my carpentry skills are almost as good as a 7year old's. As are my painting skills, hence the odd color scheme. I will eventually get round to making better frames, right now they look like a pair of homeless hobo speakers with missing clothes, but they sound spectacular. So much so that i find it hard to sacrifice listening time to go get them new frames. I changed the capasitor and coil as well, to V caps. Chucked out the solens they came with. (solens are screetchy as sin).

MOst evenings around 9 you will find me infront of them.

Bal:flower:

bal

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Source(s): CEC T2, Oppo blu ray, mac mini running Audirvana thro Teac ud 501 dac
Amplification: conrad Johnson, Oddessy Khartago mono b
Speakers: maggie 1.7

Back to top Go down

Post by ARTESUANO Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi Bal,

Finally I can see the proper set-up since the last trip I went over your place. Nice & simple. cheers

ARTESUANO
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Empty Something to stimulate drooling

Post by DrWho Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:27 pm

Something to stimulate drooling

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 HiFi1LRes_zps32c4432a

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 HiFi2LRes_zpsc97192c8

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 HiFi3LRes_zps0ca9b819

H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 HiFi4LRes_zps12b60455
DrWho
DrWho
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Character sheet
Source(s):
Amplification:
Speakers: Genelec

Back to top Go down

Post by elhefe Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:22 pm

The third system from top, to me, is the most subtle and elegant looking. The last set up, I think the speakers are too big for the room.

elhefe
elhefe

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle88 Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:50 am

bal wrote:H4S Hi-Fi Gallery - The Fun Corner - Page 11 Myhifi

Bal,
So you are the lucky one to own the 6h30 line output preamp.
Cheers,
Cheah
noodle88
noodle88
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Character sheet
Source(s): Turntable
Amplification: Tube gear
Speakers: High sensitivity speaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next