Hi-Fi 4 Sale - Malaysia / Singapore Audio Forum & Marketplace | www.hifi4sale.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

440Hz.my - expanding musical horizons
Subscribe to our Feed
addtomyyahoo4 Subscribe with BloglinesAdd to netvibes
Add to Google

I missed Marantz of Wo Kee Hong

5 posters

Go down

I missed Marantz of Wo Kee Hong Empty I missed Marantz of Wo Kee Hong

Post by hoyhoysum Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:18 am

In the past Malaysian are blessed with Marantz that sold  cheaper than the rest of the world. If What Hifi gives Good rating and recommend buy. Rest assured we can get good pricing in Malaysia and best of all even cheaper than sold in UK. 
Wo Kee Hong service centre is also great offering 1 year free part and labour and the 2nd year is free parts excluding labour. Nothing to shout about this warranty scheme as other countries gives 3 years warranty. Nevertheless still way better than 1 year given now.
Nowadays the prices are extremely high, even if we go to Hong Kong and buy, pay customs and shipping fee. You still got spare cash to buy good cables to boot. Take for example the PM7000N, network amplifier selling at Rm6, 599. Compare this to UK What hifi 5 star tested at UKP 999. That convert it to Rm5,345 and please bear in mind UK got high taxes and labour & shipping is higher. And yet they can still sell at this low price. Look at US listed price of USD999 and if converted approx RM4,400. This is list price and not street price. If we look at Hong Kong, it is selling at HKD7,580 and if converted it is only RM4,058

Conclusion the marantz pm7000N is 5star rating but in malaysia the best is 3 stars due to exhorbhitant price.
hoyhoysum
hoyhoysum
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Source(s): Grundig 2070, Graetz Sinfonia Spizensuper 522, Saba Freiburg 14, Normende Phono Super V700
Amplification:
Speakers:

panda likes this post

Back to top Go down

I missed Marantz of Wo Kee Hong Empty Re: I missed Marantz of Wo Kee Hong

Post by jdgobio Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:41 pm

Very true. Not only Marantz but most other brands are overpriced in Malaysia as well.
It's very sad that we have to pay such exorbitant prices when our purchasing power is already so weak compared to developed countries.

jdgobio

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2016-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by gettindirty Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:49 pm

Me too... Since Wo Kee Hong's no more, the Marantz in Malaysia are way overpriced! 😞

gettindirty
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Character sheet
Source(s): Denon DCD-1600NE, Bluesound Node, Shanling M8 DAP
Amplification: Roksan Blak , Sound Artists SA-200IA, Yulong D200, Aune X8, Audioquest Dragonfly Red
Speakers: Proac D2R, Sonus Faber Lumina, Q Acoustics Concept 20, Q Acoustics M20, 64 Audio A12T, Fearless Audio S8F

Back to top Go down

Post by boxer Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:21 am

try going over to SG, prices could be better....esp when theres sale on older models..

boxer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 628
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Anwar Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:18 pm

Ringgit is so weak, and international shipping costs have went up.

I bought SA-10 from my regular hifi shop right after it was launched in SEA.  I was given good price even though local list price was high.  I don't think hifi shops in M'sia sell hifi items at list price.
Anwar
Anwar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Character sheet
Source(s): AAMS+, Marantz SA-10, Oppo UDP-205, TW Raven Two + TW 10.5 with Benz LP-S + Triplanar VII with Quintet Black, Audio Research REF Phono 2SE
Amplification: Bent Audio silver slagleformer preamp, Bryston 10B-SUB, McIntosh MC452 for front, MC303 for center and rear
Speakers: Focal Diablo Utopia III for LCR, Focal IW 1002 Be for rear, 2 x JL Audio Fathom f113 subs

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyhoysum Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:49 pm

Intresting, so mr Anwar try to look up in US prices and Hong Kong selling prices. Will you say that your special price is lower or higher than prices in Hong Kong and USA? You do not need to disclosed your special price, we respect your privacy.
Maybe there is an inverse law going on here...the cheaper the product the expansive is the pricing and the more expansive  the product is, the cheaper it will get compare to sold in other countries.
hoyhoysum
hoyhoysum
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Source(s): Grundig 2070, Graetz Sinfonia Spizensuper 522, Saba Freiburg 14, Normende Phono Super V700
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Anwar Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:24 am

In USA, some people buy open-boxed items priced much lower than regular retail price.  Also, parallel imports exist in other countries too, hence the lower price than the list price.

Hong Kong uses 220V AC, so their hi-fi items are not suitable for use in our country.  Hifi products for HK are not following the 230V +/- 10% specs.  Singapore uses 230V nominal.  Malaysia is different, 240V nominal, even though we follow 230V standard.

Please note 10% import duty plus 6% SST, that's 16.6% total (1.1 * 1.06), imposed during import at dealers' price.  So local price cannot be lower than in countries without import duties.  But don't forget very high GST in Singapore imposed at retail price, then we need to pay duties when bringing the hi-fi items back home.

For local purchase, I suggest negotiate and look for dealers with good price.  Buy without using credit card.  During KLIAV shows, price can be good as well.
Anwar
Anwar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2011-01-08

Character sheet
Source(s): AAMS+, Marantz SA-10, Oppo UDP-205, TW Raven Two + TW 10.5 with Benz LP-S + Triplanar VII with Quintet Black, Audio Research REF Phono 2SE
Amplification: Bent Audio silver slagleformer preamp, Bryston 10B-SUB, McIntosh MC452 for front, MC303 for center and rear
Speakers: Focal Diablo Utopia III for LCR, Focal IW 1002 Be for rear, 2 x JL Audio Fathom f113 subs

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyhoysum Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:17 am

Intresting write up on the technical requirement of the amplifier worldwide. I will create another post discusing about this issue. Hongkong formerly UK rule, like Malaysia. We adopt 240Vac but Hong Kong is 220V. Surprising? That we discuss in another post.....
Back to this issue, the concerned is malaysian are being "fleeced" or overcharged, being a polite way of speaking instead of Ch...ted. The US pricing is listed at USD999.00 Look at this link of US Marantz website,http://www.us.marantz.com:443/product/PM7000N

I cannot imagine the street price, the open box price. Let say 60 percent of list price...EAsy calculation USD 600.00 Convert to RM and that will bring us to approx RM2,640.00. Please bear in mind malaysia are nit the only one with taxes and shipping cost. The other countries fo have their taxes and shipping from Japan/ china point of origin to their destination.
hoyhoysum
hoyhoysum
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by hoyhoysum Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:49 pm

On the other hand Yamaha are well priced in Malaysia. The equivalent model is Yamaha RN803 that retailed in Malaysia is Rm2,499.00 or RM2,599 based on two major AV shop in Malaysia.
Compare to Yamaha US website, the selling price is USD749.95 converted to Rm3,118.00. What hifi UK tested it UKP700 and this converted to RM3,796.34 However lowest  street price is UKP549 translated to Rm2,977.45
I can say is yamaha av gears are value buy in Malaysia. Maybe due to strict control by Yamaha Japan. It is a good thing as we, malaysian wobt be ripped off.
Same applies to DALI speakers, it is value buy due to  Dali set up their regional office in Malaysia. Thumbs up!. We are getting more for the money...No need to haggle nor wait for open boxes or end if the day sale where crowds molest the equipments to the fullest.

Last edited by hoyhoysum on Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added some facts..)
hoyhoysum
hoyhoysum
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Character sheet
Amplification:
Speakers:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down